- Stephen Donovan, Chair
- Sanci Tenney, Vice Chair
- Alana Balogh
- Jeff Peterson
- Terry Fritz
Supervisor Liaison: Frank Ganiszewski
PURPOSE: The Nockamixon Township EAC is a group of citizen volunteers working to protect our natural resources through careful review of proposed projects, and by creating and supporting enforcement of township ordinances and zoning laws with regard to benefiting the environment. This council makes recommendations to the planning commission and the board of supervisors based on its observations, research, and analysis of local environmental situations.
WHAT EACS DO
In accordance with Pennsylvanias Act 177, EACs are authorized to:
- Identify environmental problems and recommend plans and programs to protect and improve the quality of the environment
- Make recommendations about the use of open land
- Promote a community environmental program
- Keep an index of all open space areas to determine the proper use of such areas
- Review plans, conduct site visits, and prepare reports for municipal officials
- Advise local government agencies about the acquisition of property
WHAT EACS DON'T DO
- EACs do not regulate; they function in an advisory capacity only.
- EACs do not take the place of or compete with planning commissions or park and recreation boards; they augment and work closely with them.
- EACs are not activist or extremist environmental groups. They are part of the local government and accomplish the most when they work well with local officials.
- EACs do not compete with local grassroots organizations, such as watershed associations. They are contact points and local government liaisons for these groups.
- EACs do not add bureaucracy to the local government. They have an organized procedure for participating in land use decisions.
|EAC MEETING MINUTES|